Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Taste of OSU

A little belated, but a few weeks ago I attended the Taste of OSU. This is my third year in attendance of the event and I have to say the most disappointing year. They held the event in the Union again, but this time spread it out over several rooms. Although this definitely was advantageous in the fact that there was more room to move it also made the event seem almost disconnected. I was also disappointed because I like to watch the live performance while I walk around and try food, which was impossible with this set-up (yeah, yeah the TV screens are simply not the same). To top it off there was no apparent order to the food stations and there location.

But still despite the disappointment the food was delicious and it certainly wasn't a waste!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite events. I agree, I don't like that it was split up between different rooms, but the food was good as always! I especially liked the bubble tea and the baklava. I didn't have much time to watch the performances which was disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also attended Taste of OSU this year. I also didn't really like the changes that moving the event to the Union brought. However, when you get to experience all of the great food, who can complain. This is always one of the events I look forward to at Ohio State.

    ReplyDelete