Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, June 8, 2012

All right! So now that this crazy quarter is over I am actually going to post and let you all know what I've been up to this quarter!

Last night I set up for and attended the awards and hooding ceremonies for the graduating medical students. Working 13 hours straight and only sitting down for about an hour or two all day, it was exhausting. Last year I worked at the hooding ceremony as well, and I actually think I remember that I cried... not sure why, though! This year, the student selected professor of the year award recipient--I think his name was Bensen--talked about some of his patients and plugged for pelatonia, which I am now considering doing this August. It was a really nice ceremony, and I am always glad that I get to be a part of it.

This quarter I also went to see the Edwin Drood play at Hitchcock Hall as two of my friends had parts. Brittany Woods was the Princess Puffer and, in the version that our audience selected, was also **SPOILER** the murderer of Edwin Drood, and Anthony Crespo had a side role. The play was actually really interesting and a lot of the characters were quite enjoyable to watch. I would definitely recommend it in the future! I think I would actually see it again myself.

This summer I will be going to Roatan, Honduras with my family. We will be leaving July 15th and returning August 4th, doing lots of snorkeling, possibly getting our scuba diving certifications, and enjoying the local cuisine. :) I am sure it will be a blast; I will try to remember to post pictures and let you know about some especially wonderful restaurants and sights incase any of you are ever in the area!

I hope everyone has a fantastic summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment