Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Hello! Here I am on the last possible day writing my blog. I am, of course, ashamed to say I procrastinated, but here it is.

After Dark Columbus Museum of Art - This was a fun night! Delicious food, art, and music, plus a tornado warning outside to complete it. I loved the museum's gallery of classical European art, and their other section featuring food as the theme. I was ecstatic to see that the museum had brought in a jazz band for the night, thus propelling me to start teaching my friend Sarah how to foxtrot. The only downside or less than spectacular part of the night was the modern band. Just wasn't to my taste.

Short North Gallery Hop - The weather was perfect. I managed to persuade my friend to buy a dress from Flower Child. I had dinner at Zen Cha Tea Salon which I don't recommend! The food there is just okay, and too little for prices they charge. The only thing I would recommend are there drinks. Other than that, there was free cotton candy, and I won a free haircut from Phia!

Japanese Spring Festival - Though the festival was a little small, it was very fun once you threw yourself into the different activities they offered. My friends and I watched a tea ceremony and got to sample the tea which was surprisingly bitter. We also tried on yukatas, which are the summer versions of kimonos. Kimonos and yukatas are advantageous in the sense that they can be adjusted to any size.

OTL Production presents: The Mystery of Edwin Drood - Hilarious! It was interesting in that the audience could vote who the murderer was, who the sleuth was, and who the happy romantic couple would be in the end. I loved the actor who played the uncle; he held his face constantly in this one facial expression that was so strange, yet funny, the entire play. It was quite the play within a play.

No comments:

Post a Comment