Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Queer Civil Rights & the Oval Office
Last Tuesday, October 30th, I went to the Multicultural Center for the Queer Civil Rights & the Oval Office discussion. Unfortunately, it had been canceled and students weren't notified. About 10 of us showed up anyway. So instead of Equality Ohio facilitating an amazing discussion, we had a round table talk with one of the Multicultural Center leaders in which we discussed our feelings about campaign ads, what our "deal-breaker" issues are, and even how the storm could affect the election and the quality of public transportation in Columbus (as it affects voter turnout). Some of the students were from New York, so they gave us some stories about how things are going with their families.
It was nothing like what I was expecting - I was expecting to learn a lot - but it was enjoyable to hear other students' perspectives on the election. It was still interesting to hear what other knowledgeable politically-minded students had to say.
I am REALLY hoping that they can reschedule this somehow.
-Aubrey McClure
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment