Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Spirit Day Vigil

Spirit Day Vigil 2012

Stonewall Columbus hosted the Spirit Day Candlelight Vigil at the Goodale Park Gazebo on October 18th. I went with my sister - even bought a t-shirt online ahead of time!

It was suuuuuuper windy, and therefore tough to keep your candle going, I had to get mine relit at least 3 times.

Basically the event was to recognize victims of bullying in the LGBTQ community, and victims of suicide. Several people spoke about their individual experiences growing up, and presenters also discussed the "bigger picture." I really enjoyed this event, not just because they had free cupcakes from Pattycake Bakery, but because it was a good cause and very empowering for the community.

I will go again next year :)

Oh, and here is a picture I'm in! (In the front row, with the lit up face)

                   Me         My sister


-Aubrey McClure

No comments:

Post a Comment