Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Fireside Chat with Linn Van Woerkom
Upon arriving at Kuhn's Honors and Scholars House tonight, Alex, Aleta, and I were warmly greeted by a man we did not at first know was the man we had come to hear talk about the Honors and Scholars Programs and his passion for lasers. And it really was a passion. Never in my life have I heard someone get so excited when talking about the differences between nuclear fission and nuclear fusion, neutron and electron properties, and his hope that one day these studies will make astronomical strides in the world's understanding of light and electricity. Linn Van Woerkom knew how to captivate an audience, and it was obvious that he truly loved that in which he invests so much of his time. Furthermore, outside of the lab, he is a family man, an Honors and Scholars Director, and an advocate for all things OSU. I think he will be a great addition and asset to the program, and I'm glad I took time out of my night to listen to what he had to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i completely agree with tess! it was awesome!
ReplyDeleteThe chat wasn't quite what I expected, but I feel like I learned a lot, and not in technical terms!
ReplyDelete