Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mid Ohio Food Bank

I volunteered with others at the Mid Ohio Food Bank. I made cardboard boxes that the others packed meat into that would be distributed around central Ohio to homeless shelters and food pantries and such. Being a vegetarian, they told me I could just make the boxes for everyone instead of packing meat :p The staff was so friendly and welcoming I felt like I had been there many times before. I would really enjoy the opportunity to go back to the Mid Ohio Food Bank and volunteer wherever they need us in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Volunteering at the Mid Ohio Food Bank is my favorite Humanities project I've done this quarter. The food bank itself is very impressive! I would be very willing to go back again next quarter to volunteer. I tried to sign up on my own, and the waiting list extended to January. I'm glad there are so many people willing to volunteer at the Food Bank!

    ReplyDelete