Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Monday, February 21, 2011

The Vagina Monologues

Two weekends ago, a friend of mine convinced me to go see the Vagina Monologues with her. I was a little skeptical at first, I'm not too keen on the idea of a feminist rally. The show was amazing. I really enjoyed it. This play is unique to any others I've seen; it's based on interviews with 200 women. While it seemed that a lot of the questions were directly about vaginas, the whole theme centered on all the greatness that is woman. The play itself is made up of several monologues in a row. All kinds of women were talked about. At the end, I felt empowered and self confidant. I highly recommend The Vagina Monologues to everyone, man or woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment