Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Dinner and Dialogue with Michelle Hannan

I attended the Human Trafficking Dinner and Dialogue with Michelle Hannan last night and learned a lot about a topic that I think is important for all people to recognize as the major problem that it is. Going into the discussion, I thought I already had a pretty clear idea of what human trafficking entails. Ms. Hannan, however, taught me more about what goes on in trafficking, how prevalent it is in Ohio, especially in Toledo and Columbus, and what we can all do to help victims of this horrible trade practice. She was a very engaging speaker and was clearly passionate about her line of work as a human trafficking social worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment