Thursday, April 21, 2011
HP!
Who doesn't love Harry Potter? At 19, the books still reach my top 10 list! And although the movies never quite do the book justice, they sure did a fantastic job trying. In fact, I had the movie in my possession when it came out on Friday. So you can imagine my excitement when I heard OUAB was sponsoring a Harry Potter Flicks for Free night with chocolate frog to top it off! The set-up was quite great. After being sorted into the Gryffinndor House, I played some wizard trivia and received a very nifty lanyard. Then of course I had to get the chocolate frogs and the butterbeer. Chocolate Frog = Delicious, Butterbeer not so much. Despite the butterbeer, it was still a MAGICAL time! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also attended the Harry Potter Flicks for Free. I love the books and still read them every couple years. This event was a lot of fun. It was neat to try chocolate frogs (amazing), butterbeer and cauldron cakes. Although the movies will never compare to the books, it was a fun night!
ReplyDeleteKelsey called me on that April Night as I was cooking Indian food with fellow humanities majors to join her in the free OUAB event. Upon the invite, I decided that I was interested in tasting some chocolate frogs, butterbeer, cauldron cakes, and pumpkin pastries for dessert! We arrived and I, too, became a Gryffinndor. The lanyard replaced an old blue cord that held my set of keys. Worth it.
ReplyDeleteThe festivities were well done, complete with trivia and an ever-stocked food table, rows of seating, and HP fans galore. I quite enjoyed my time at the event and made note to keep track of more OUAB events that my tuition so kindly pays for.
This was one of the coolest things I have seen OUAB do so far! We are the Harry Potter generation, so what better age group to get riled up about HP than us? I was a little upset that I was put in Hufflepuff, but my disappointment was overcome with sheer excitement upon entering the room. The chocolate frogs, butterbeer, cauldrons, sorting hat, Quiddich team, and house banners throughout the room in the Union was something I never expected to see in real life. The movie was obviously great, but the atmosphere we were in was way more special and rare. I don't care what people say; I'm a huge HP fan and getting together with all the other enthusiasts was a pretty neat experience.
ReplyDelete