I attended the Mentor/Mentee Game night a few weeks ago and I had a fabulous time. The games were a really good time. Some of them were seriously hard but it was fun getting creative and trying to figure them out with our Mentor/Mentee group. My team ended up coming in second place by one point! It's the biggest success we've had this year and I'm quite proud of us. We had some good chats during and between games about their freshman year, summer plans, and what they were looking forward to for next year. Hopefully our Mentor group was so awesome that they become inspired to be Mentors next year. :)
I also attended the Mentor/Mentee game night. I happen to be a mentor with Renee, and yes, because we have such awesome mentees, who really got into the games (Sarah kicked butt), we came in second. I've loved every mentor/mentee night we've had this year, and even if you aren't a mentor, I highly recommend attending next year. The activities are fun and a really nice (and needed) break from school. This particular game night was great because we got to eat oreos, which was my favorite part.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to mentor next year and meet a new group of Humanities scholars, and I know one of my former mentees will be a mentor as well. She's going to be great :)