Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

All-Scholars Skate

I can't claim to be the best Humanities Scholar. But I will tell you one thing -- when it comes to the All-Scholars Skate, I'm not missing it for anything. It's just too much fun. And free! You really can't beat it. This was my third year in a row I attended with my best friend, so it's practically tradition for us. It's the one occasion I have during the year to ice skate, so that's nice, too. It's also funny how you can improve by visiting the ice rink once every 365 days; I'll hardly be attending the Olympics anytime soon, but it only took a few minutes for me to get used to the sensation of skating.
It was a pity the pizza was late this year, but no one can be blamed but the pizza folks. Even then, I can't be mad -- free is free, after all.
All in all, there's not much that can be said -- ice skating is fun. Having the chance to do so with my friends is even better. If you have the chance, go. Even if you've never skated before -- no better time to act than when it's free and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment