Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Mystery of Edwin Drood

I saw OTL's performance of The Mystery of Edwin Drood and it was superb! I absolutely loved that the show was interactive, and several Humanities scholars (including some of my old residents) were in the show! I loved the sets and thought they were very 1920s-esque and I really appreciated the attention to detail. I still can't believe that all of OTL's performances are all student run--its truly impressive what an amazing show they could put on simply running it themselves! I really loved that the musical was based off a novel by Charles Dickens that he did not complete, and thought the show was unique and innovative! I will continue to support OTL events in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I also saw The Mystery of Edwin Drood. I loved it! The idea of a murder-mystery musical where the audience gets to choose the murderer is excellent. I only wish I could have seen all the possible endings! It really makes you wonder if Charles Dickens had lived to finish Edwin Drood, what would have happened.

    ReplyDelete