Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring Awakening

Recently, myself and my roommate attending the performance of Spring Awakening by some OSU drama students. I came into the auditorium having, quite frankly, no idea what to expect. I love plays, but I would hardly consider myself well-versed in them. Needless to say I was a tad unprepared for the content, but not in an offended way. I actually appreciate the way that sexuality is portrayed as a normal aspect of human nature in this work, instead of some sort of unnatural function to be ashamed of. Part my discomfort probably has something to do with the fact that you don't really want to watch people pretend to have intercourse on stage when you're sitting with someone you have to live with, but oh well. The acting was fabulous and it was an interesting glimpse into the fact that problems related to growing up and the associated functions are not just things of the past but rather persist into the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment