Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, June 10, 2011

The March Gallery Hop

Yeah, I'm blogging at the last moment, so welcome to today's edition of "finally completed posts that were begun months ago." Just think about this as me writing from the past. Like -- from another time over here. Time warp.

Anyway, sad as it is to say, I had never made it to a Gallery Hop before this one. Terrible combination of other plans, bad weather, and general laziness spread out over the year and a half since I moved to Columbus. But I finally got around to it.

And I am kicking myself that I never made it sooner. Because, really, they are the bomb. You get the chance to look at awesome local art, have a reason to step into shops you have yet to explore, and just the makings of a good night with friends. Plus, you're even nearer to Jeni's than normal. Bonus. I found and purchased an adorable pocket watch that alone would have made the night worthwhile.

I have since made this a permanent fixation in my planner. So, really, if you haven't made it out yet, you must. And if you have -- start looking forward to the next one. You'll probably see me tromping around the Short North with my friends, the very picture of enthused and enjoying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment