Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Office of Diversity and Inclusion Med Student Award Ceremony

Last night I helped out with the Award Ceremony for Medical Students and Faculty put on by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion in room 115 of the Biomedical Research Tower at 7 pm (which, due to the construction, took me a while to locate!). It was nice. There weren't too many people there, just faculty, graduating medical students and residents, and their families; and some lower level staffers who contributed to preparing for the ceremony--I made the Powerpoint that was shown during dinner. The food was good and I had lots of coffee and mini chocolate muffins after passing out nametags and programs at the door!

At the start of the event, a few opening remarks were given by students in several different organizations: LGBT med students, Latino, etc. It was very interesting, especially because I am specializing in inequality and society and minoring in sexuality studies--just my cup of tea! Anyway, it was nice :) I enjoyed myself. Today I am helping with the Med School convocation in Mershon, so hopefully that goes just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment