Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Broadway Musical: Mary Poppins

A rather late post, but better late than never. I was so excited to go see the musical as it was going to be at the Ohio Theatre, which it's interior is beautifully designed in an ornate style. The musical itself was interesting, as it had so many theater stage tricks that if a theater backstage crew person was watching this, they'd be concentrating on the mechanics more than on the plot. The plot actually differed at a couple points compared to the Disney movie, which was fun, such as the evil nanny. Overall, I look forward to going to another Broadway musical next year.

1 comment:

  1. Mary Poppins is one of my favorite Disney movies. I was very excited to see this musical on the stage! I was impressed with how they took some scenes that would be impossible to recreate on the stage and tweaked them so that they were still creative but manageable. Definitely not as good as the movie, but still a great musical!

    ReplyDelete