Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Jazz at Mirror Lake

This past Thursday, when going for a walk, the sounds of a trumpet playing jazz down by mirror late drew me to the amphitheater. My younger sister plays the trumpet, my dad plays the trumpet, and I used to play the trumpet so, naturally, I had to go see what was happening. Turns out, it was one of the Outdoor Series: Jazz at Mirror Lake performances! Unfortunately, the song which lead me to the event was the trumpet's last piece. :( But, after his playing, there was a flutist (my older sister plays the flute) and then a clarinet-player (my aunt plays clarinet). The instrumentalists were pretty good, though, so I stayed til the end - my only regret being that I did not think to put on any bug spray.

The girl who played the flute was good, but the pieces chosen by the clarinet-player seemed more challenging and I enjoyed them more. I think I am going to be returning next week, but this time I will bring my older sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment