Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Monday, May 23, 2011

New York City

This April a bunch of Humanities Scholars went to New York City with the Art Scholars to experience all that the city has to offer. We had a lot of free time, but we also did some great things all together as a group. For example, we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and saw some great artwork. My favorite was Mark Rothko, I'm a little obsessed with him. We also went and saw two Broadway shows, Sister Act and American Idiot. Those were my first Broadway shows, so it was awesome that I got to see them. We also did a bunch of other things, but I'm only writing about these because they are more humanities related. Overall, I was an awesome trip. The spring trip is one of my favorite things we do as Humanities Scholars. I definitely recommend it to everyone!

4 comments:

  1. The New York trip was a ton of fun. Despite the rain I managed to see a lot of the city. We all saw the Sister Act which was really good and I also went to American Idiot which was a really fun show. I enjoyed exploring times square and soho in my free time. The bus ride was a little rough and there was not a lot of sleeping but overall it was a great time. I can't wait for the next spring trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. The New York trip was a blast. We saw lots of cool stuff including the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We saw some artifacts from ancient Egypt and some suits of armor. They also had Ringo Starr's drum which I thought was pretty neat. We saw Sister Act on Broadway which was really cool. The actresses looked exactly like they did in the movie, so you could actually tell who was who. We went to Little Italy too which was a lot of fun and ate some great Italian food. I can't wait for the spring trip next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my first trip to New York City since I was very young and I was glad to go because I definitely appreciated the trip more this time around. If there was one thing I would change, it would be to have more time! There simply isn't enough time to do all the fun things the city has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my fourth time visiting NYC but I still got to see new things! I loved exploring NYU and eating delicious sandwiches at the Peanut Butter Cafe. My delish meal was vanilla cream cheese, raisin peanut butter and apple slices. Yum! Although the PB and bacon sandwich was good too.

    I looooved seeing American Idiot, the music was amazing! And Sister Act was so funny! I cannot wait to visit again and see even more new things.

    ReplyDelete