Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Asian Fest

I went to the Asian Festival at Franklin Park with my friend yesterday. It was my first time going to the park, and I thought it was really pretty. I definitely enjoyed the warm weather. The festival was quite crowded. The lines at the food section were really long, so I didn't feel like getting anything. My friend and I stopped to watch the martial art showcase for a little while. It was kinda funny since the acts weren't that realistic, but it was definitely interesting. After that, we spent about an hour and a half walking around, looking at random stuff. I stopped and chatted with a few Thai people I randomly met at the festival. One of the Thai store owners said that she had to watch the customers carefully because, unfortunately, people steal. Some people would pretend to be trying on something and just walked away with it when the owner wasn't looking. I never thought people would do that, but obviously it happens quite often.
Anyway, before we went home, we stopped and sat next to the pond--watching some ducks swim. Overall, going to the festival was definitely a good way to enjoy a beautiful day.

2 comments:

  1. I also went to the Asian Festival. The weather was beautiful, but I still got a little burnt! This was my second time at the festival and it was just as fun as the first time I went. Even though the food can get expensive, it is so yummy and I love being able to try new things. My friend and I watched some of the performances and the martial arts showcase. I like learning about different cultures and would recommend this festival to anyone who wants to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first time at the asian festival. I went with some humanities friends. I enjoyed some delicious pad thai and a snow cone on the hot day. I got to watch a few martial arts performances and look at all the interesting things for sale. it was a lot of fun and Id recommend it.

    ReplyDelete