Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

English Conversation Partner

I know this kind of defeats the purpose of a "blog" when I write about something from almost two months ago, but hey. I'm on it. So, on January 11th, I was introduced to my lovely new friend, Sharon, from Hong Kong. I met her at the English Conversation Partner Orientation, but I think it's more than just a "program" we're in together now. Unfortunately it only works out for us to meet once a week, but we have tons of fun when we do hang out! I've taken her to fancy restaurants in the area (aka North Commons) and she's met a few of my friends from the Hav. She took Juli and me to her apartment and went through pictures, laughed a lot, and tried some snacks from Hong Kong which were... interesting to say the least :P.

I really recommend the program to anyone who has time to make a new friend next quarter. I'm sure I'll be in touch with Sharon next quarter as well, and hopefully hanging out just as much. She is the cutest thing in the world and seeing her smile when we get together is so worth the staying up an extra two hours on a Wednesday night that I could be sleeping if I had been doing homework earlier in the day. Wow. I made a new friend who I would never have come across any other way, and I learned so much from it.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment