Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

O Pioneers

I had to go see "O Pioneers" as a part of my Theater class (Theater 280, it's awesome, it's a GEC, you should take it) and loved it. It's about a group of immigrants making homes for themselves out west. Even more so, it's a great play because it has good music in it. (It's one of those plays that doesn't have enough music to be a musical, but it's close.) It had a little bit of everything, and reminded me of a slightly more mature Little House on the Prairie. The main question of the play is, why do we do what we do? Anyway, to keep from ruining anything, it's a great play and I suggest you go see it if you get the chance. (There was a gunshot that was pretty realistic and made me jump, so don't go if you have a heart condition. Also, there was a "sex" scene. Several, actually, if you include the symbolic ones. So, be careful taking little children.)

3 comments:

  1. I went to see this play too! I thought it was good. Pretty much like My Antonia. Typically not my type of play, but I'm glad I went to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this play as well, and I did not enjoy it really--I thought it was very hokey and that the only actor of merit was the lead (Alexandra) and the son (Emil). I think I had more of an issue with the play itself rather than how it was presented though

    ReplyDelete