Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Monday, November 8, 2010

OSU URBAN ARTS SPACE

This past Wednesday I went to the OSU Urban Arts Space with the Humanities and Arts Scholars. I wanted to attend this eventI knew very little about the Urban Arts Space but was interested in finding out what it had to offer. The space featured so many interesting and inspiring works and their featured exhibit was very cool and different. The entire exhibit was composed completely out of hair with a few other elements. There was a rope of hair hanging from the floor to the ceiling, hair plastered to the wall, and even a chair covered entirely with hair. While those pieces really caught my attention, my favorite work was the projected image a river in India. The projector gave the image the effect that it was moving, similar to the movement of water. When I first looked at the image I could not tell that it featured a river because there was no water visible, only trash. I liked this piece so much that I took a postcard of it and it's now hanging on my wall! I deffinitely want to go back to the Urban Arts Space sometime in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment