Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Potluck and Movie Night

This event was held mid November and it featured Fight Club. There was Raising Cane's chicken fingers, which were delicious and other treats that the members brought to contribute. It was my first time seeing Fight Club and it was excellent, if a bit bloody. The insight into the man's mind was fascinating and reminded me of Inception somewhat. Many people came and everyone seemed to have a good time.

3 comments:

  1. The Potluck Movie Night was great, it was like a reunion seeing everybody in humanities and then getting to eat all the good food especially the canes chicken. The movie was pretty interesting but I had to leave before it was over meaning I didn't really get what was happening. It was a lot of fun anyways and I am looking forward to it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Potluck and Movie night was great this year; I had never seen Fight Club before! The Cane's Chicken is always fantastic...it was a great chance to see everyone again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the Potluck and Movie Night was excellent. I agree with Nick in that it was a sort of Humanities Scholars Reunion. As a devoted fan of Fight Club, I was really excited that this movie was chosen to be shown. I was surprised, actually, at how many people had not seen Fight Club before- this movie is classic! This was a great event, and I hope that we do it again Winter Quarter.

    ReplyDelete