Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tangled - Surprisingly Amazing

I'll admit that I am a Disney fan. So, when their new movie Tangled hit theaters, I knew I had to see it, especially as it offered a great study break opportunity. Going into the movie, I had some fears and some expectations. I expected fun, lovable characters, a magical setting, a few well placed witty comments (and I'm glad to say I wasn't disappointed!). . . but I was afraid that maybe Disney was over-exhausting the princess theme, especially with The Princess and the Frog being the last of the classically animated Princesses. However, Tangled offers a strong, independent, and funny Rapunzel who is not afraid to fight off her own demons (though her weapon of choice is a frying pan? Funny, but perhaps a little too ironic . . . ) and all done with stunning digital animation. All in all, Tangled was amazing and definitely worth going to see if you have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment