Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Urban Arts Space

Late as always...

I have to say that I think the Urban Arts Space event was one of my favorite Humanities events so far. The exhibits were really creative and the staff was so nice and willing to answer all of our questions. It was evident that they all were very invested in the project - some of them had been interns as undergrads and went on to work at there after graduation. We talked about all the opportunities we have as students to use the space. I didn't realize we had so much access to it, even for things not directly related to art. We also talked about some opportunities with the Art Scholars for winter and spring quarters where we could exhibit at the Urban Arts Space. I really hope we can stay involved with the Urban Arts Space and the Arts Scholars this year.

1 comment:

  1. I also attended the trip to the urban art center. I really wasn't sure what it was going to be like, but I was very pleased that the very first exhibit featured hair and reminded me and my roommate of our tiny little haverfield dorm room last year. So aside from being interesting, the display was nostalgic. I loved the books the different items that were used for bookmarks (I was especially proud of myself for figuring out what the display was showing haha). And as always, Ben made sure we were fed which is one of the most awesome things about our lovely coordinater :)

    Oh, and Shelby and I pondered ideas for submitting our own art to the exhibit... we may or may not follow through, but having the opportunity to do so is amazing in and of itself.

    ReplyDelete