Monday, April 19, 2010
David Sedaris
Last Thursday I went to the talk by David Sedaris. I didn't actually know anything about him prior to the talk, but my friend who did got me a ticket. The line for the event was extremely long, but I did think it was worth the wait. Sedaris is a pretty hilarious guy, and I enjoyed the event a lot. Basically, we listened to stories he wrote for his new book, including some essays that are still in working progress, but they were very good. He also read to us some entries from his own diary, which kind of inspires me to write a diary myself. I think I'll start some time soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish I could've gone to this :(
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVED David Sedaris. I have read almost all of his books, and it was SO nice to finally meet him in person. He was hilarious; his drafts for his new book were incredibly funny, and I cannot wait for it to come out! I actually spoke with him, and he signed my Kindle. it was great!
ReplyDeleteDavid Sedaris has been my favorite author since my early high school days, so going to see him was a dream come true! He read a few of his personal essays and shared a few passages from his new book, which is a beastiary. A beastiary is a novel in which animals act like humans. I actually got to meet Sedaris and he drew a jellyfish in my book!
ReplyDelete