Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Seussical the Musical

On Friday I went to Seussical the Musical at the Lincoln Theater in Columbus OH. Of course at first the whole bus was held up by Ian, but once we arrived there I though it was pretty funny because we were the biggest group at the children's theater. I had a great time with my fellow Humanities Scholars. I was not sure what to expect at first because I have never seen this musical before, but it turned out to be quite entertaining. It was very colorful and funny.. for the younger crowd haha. No in all honesty it was pretty fun, I know I could never get up on stage at so young of an age as the character JoJo did and sing in front of all those people. I think I enjoyed the sour kangaro the most, she could belt some pretty loud tunes out. Was anyone else a bit surprised by the scandalous story of Mayzie or how JoJo was thought to be dead? All in all I thought it was a fun event for a Friday night and I had a great time hanging out with my Humanities scholars!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I was also surprised by some parts of the story, especially the romance between Horton and Gertrude. I was even more surprised to learn that the character Jojo was played by a girl. She totally fooled me at first. My favorite character was probably the Cat. I thought she was pretty funny. Overall, it was a good show. Glad I went

    ReplyDelete