Monday, April 26, 2010
OSU Powwow
Today I attended the OSU Powwow at the RPAC. There were little booths set up around the main gym that had various items for sale, ranging from jewelry to knives made out of animal bones to tps. In the middle of the gym however, there was a cluster of flags and the Native American people were dancing around them. They danced to the beat of drums and the voices of a few men in the tribe. Both women and men of all ages were dancing and many of them were wearing traditional Native American attire. I'm not exactly sure what the exact significance behind this dance was but it was pretty cool. The event was pretty interesting and all the people were extremely nice (one man working there gave me and some of my sorority sisters free braclets and body wash!!) but I wish they had explained the purpose of their dance and clothing to the audience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment