Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Spring Career Day Volunteering

Last week I volunteered to help at the Spring Career Day. I volunteered twice on Wednesday, once in the morning and then again later in the afternoon. It really wasn't as much work as I thought it would be. Actually, I had time to work on homework. Basically, I sat with one other Humanities Scholar at a table. OSU Students going in for an interview would sign in and then go sit down. The people doing the interview for their company would come out and look up their names. That was pretty much the extent of my job. I received a free t-shirt for helping as well as a visitors buck-id with some money on it for lunch. I would suggest to anyone to volunteer for this event next year. The best part about the experience was right before I was done with my very last shift, none other than Gordon Gee walked up the stairs and said hello. That just topped off the day.

1 comment:

  1. I also volunteered at this event, and shared a similar experience. I was very much expecting a stressful-running-around sort of day, but the event was actually very, very calm. The free t-shirt was great (I wear it all the time) and I actually got to meet two other Humanities Scholars that I otherwise would not have talked to. I would, like Shelby, also recommend volunteering at this event.

    ReplyDelete