I had a wonderful time on this trip. I liked the balance between organized events and free time. The National Gallery was my favorite museum on the trip, and the afternoon at the market makes me want to go to North Market here in Columbus. In our free time, my group visited the monuments at night and took a trip to Georgetown for shopping and dinner.
The trip was fun and the weather was great. I have no complaints!
Emily Best
So D.C. was pretty much a blast. I had never driven east of Ohio before so that was really interesting in and of itself. (even though there wasn't a ton to see). I really enjoyed the energy of the city. There was so much to see and by saturday night I was exhausted. The monuments were one of my favorite parts. I liked the Holocaust Museum too, but the Sophisticated Ladies show was my favorite event. I could have sat there all night. The place we had dinner at before the show, Ben's Chili Bowl, was also really cool because it had such an awesome story behind it and so much history. I enjoyed seeing all the famous people who had eaten there, including president Obama :) Oh and the eastern market was pretty badass too and I had what everyone kept referring to as "the feast" because it was a massive amount of seafood, but it was soooo good. Yeah D.C. was sweet and I'd like to go back. And clubbing on friday night was pretty amazing too.
ReplyDelete