Thursday, June 3, 2010
End of year dinner
The end of the year Humanities celebration was great. I had some delicious Jimmy Johns sandwiches and some excellent pasta salad. I also very much enjoyed the punch it was yummy. The seniors were recognized with an awesome calculator calendar thing. I don't know exactly what it was but it looked like fun. And although I never got the chance my choice of prizes would definitely have been the slinky! Overall it was a fun time. I also really enjoyed seeing many familiar faces on the slideshow. It was a good end to the year and I can't wait to get back to humanities in the fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also enjoyed the End of the Year Dinner--it was my favorite Scholars meeting yet! The food was great, and the punch was out of this world delicious! The awards given out were awesome, I especially liked the "Surrounded by Women" award given to Mark Tice, haha. The awards really motivated me to get even more involved in Humanities Scholars next year. I, like Alex, cannot wait to comeback!
ReplyDeleteThe food was great especially when my roommates and I brought back a platter of sandwiches. It was great to see all the seniors who have been a part of humanities. I thought it was a cool and special way of recognizing them and other people who are a part of humanities.
ReplyDeleteI would have to say that my favorite part of the dinner was the awards section. Not only was it ironic when Shauntae was calling the names of exceptional scholars for attendance, basically a third of them were there, but her award that she made up for the "surrounded by women" award was true and really funny. I am so happy to have met Shauntae this year, and so sorry she has to leave the Humanities Program, but I get to see her in Nursing School... I'm stoked :) Ben, it's been real, and I'm excited for the next few years in Humanities! I guess I can't really compare you to anyone else, but to me I would say you had a successful, kick-ass first year as our coordinator! Thanks to both of you!
ReplyDelete