Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

新年快樂! (Happy New Year!)

Today, I attended the Chinese New Year Celebration/Information Session. I thought that overall it was a very interesting experience. Since Chinese is my major it was really cool for me to learn more about their culture. Also there were native Chinese people there and they told us about their personal experiences in their respective home towns in China. Also there was delicious egg rolls and yummy fried rice. The best thing that Chinese people do for the new year is give unmarried people red envelopes filled with money. I think that is a good tradition. I hope one day I can go and experience their new year celebration in person one day.

Happy year of the Tiger!

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I knew nothing about the Chinese New Year until I attended this event. I learned about the history, traditions, and culture behind this important event. Perhaps, more people will celebrate with us next year!

    ReplyDelete