Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Seussical the Musical

Tonight I attended Seussical the Musical at the Lincoln Theatre in Columbus Ohio, with a lot of my fellow humanities scholars of course. It was an entertaining show that explored and summed up many of Dr. Seuss's stories in one interesting plot line. I think the experience all in all was good. We got the opportunity to experience a small community that was surprisingly nice. However, with the amount of children in attendance at the show I feel it may have been inappropriate to be serving or even to have the amount of alcohol on display that they did. We won't get into that though. In my opinion, Kate Gersing gave the best performance as Gertrude, though Kate Elliot Mock as the cat gave a very entertaining presentation.

1 comment:

  1. I went to see Seussical the Musical on Friday as well. Overall, it was a great time. There were of course a bunch of little kids there, and the actors tried to get them involved in the show, which was pretty cute. I was surprised at some of the show's more mature themes- ex. Jojo getting "blown up by a land mine"- but I don't think anyone will be too scarred. It made me want to get out my old Dr. Seuss books again.

    ReplyDelete