Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Invictus

I ventured over to the Union tonight with Alex to see Invictus. Once the confusion of the movie's location was settled, we sat down with our popcorn and drinks to watch the famous performance of Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon, a personal favorite of mine. I really enjoyed the film and thought Nelson Mandela's attempt to unite "his family of millions" through his support of South Africa's rugby team, for which Damon plays the captain, was very inspiring. It gave the team needed confidence, the country something to believe in, and Mandela the positive attention he needed. I definitely recommend seeing this movie!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the movie a lot, though the plot line follows most sports movies, it was inspiring. Matt Damon certainly makes the movie easy to watch :]. Emotions really rose and fell with the moral of the team and their victories.

    ReplyDelete