Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

OSU tastes pretty good...

I really, REALLY like food so I was definitely looking forward to going to Taste of OSU. I've been lucky to have been exposed to a lot of cultures and their amazing foods in my life [My mom secretly wishes she were Asian. Or Jewish. Don't tell her I told you.] so it was awesome to have all my favorite foods in one central location because I am super indecisive. One of my good friends is Lebanese and she was part of the Lebanese dance group so I stayed to watch her perform. Her group was last, so I got to see all of the performances. It was a very entertaining evening. Not only did I love seeing all the performances but it was so exciting to know that all the people on stage were my peers. It's really encouraging to know that people my age are carrying on the traditions of their culture. The whole night really assured me that I made the right decision to be an International Studies major. Learning about the world excites me in a really nerdy way. My goal for next year - getting Egypt a table!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE food too! Of course, who doesn't like food? I really liked the Taste of OSU. I have huge interest in culture so it was so cool to see the different cultures that were displayed at the event as well as the variety of food that was served. Some of my favorites were the baklava slathered in honey, and the Asian gummy candies, which are much more juicy than regular old gummy bears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also attended the Taste of OSU. The food was pretty good, and there were a lot of presentations that took place on the stage that were enjoyable. I feel that the whole atmosphere of the event felt like a high school assembly due to the "set up" of the event; it was nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I attended the Taste of OSU as well. There were many different kinds of food; I stuck with the OSU BBQ stand because I'm picky...but I did try the food from Poland. It was also PACKED with people; it was cool to see many different cultures at the same location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be honest. I have no idea what I ate. I asked them, and then promptly forgot. But that doesn't matter. I'll eat pretty much anything that is considered a legitimate food source. It was very interesting to watch the different cultural shows. I've always thought it would be amazing to have Andrew Zimmern's job, and so this was a pretty cool taste of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Taste of OSU was really fun for a couple of reasons. The first was the food. Like the other people said, who doesn't like food. The other reason I loved the Taste of OSU was because I got to learn all about the different cultures through their food. I don't get to learn about a lot of other cultures, so this program was a nice way for me to become more educated about the plethora of cultures in the world.

    ReplyDelete