Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2009 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Cosi After Dark

Cosi after dark was a lot of fun especially since I hadn't been there for a long time. Personally the busing to Cosi was pathetic and after waiting for forty minutes the group I went with decided to take Cota. So we had to walk a little but we actually got there. The Space exhibit was awesome with the spiral tunnel that I went through about five times. I also liked the space shrimp for astronauts. The Ocean exhibit was disappointing cause a lot of stuff was broken or dysfunctional but the giant Poseidon statue almost made up for it. The Progress exhibit was cool but I couldn't get the wooden ring toy from the 1800's to work. The pain macine was interesting and luckily Cameron remembered where it was since it is located in the middle of nowhere. But it didn't really hurt it just made your hands feel like jelly. The best part in my opinion was the free nachos and the wind gun that shot a pencil through a block of wood not to mention the pendulum. It was all pretty great and I'm glad I was able to go.

Nick Gillotti

2 comments:

  1. So, a little late, but I went to this too. It was my first time at COSI in probably well over ten years. Honestly, it wasn't that great. The crowd was much too big. There were some interesting aspects, like the space tunnel and the nachos, but it would have been much better had there not been so many people. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought COSI was a good time. Sure it's designed primarily for children, but that's half the fun! I visited plenty of times as a kid growing up, so it was cool to go back and see some of the same things I loved when I was younger. Everything seemed WAY smaller this time around though...

    ReplyDelete