Sunday, January 24, 2010
The Extravagant Scholars Day
This past Friday, Aleta and I opened up our room to prospective students during Scholars day. It was really fulfilling to be able to share our experiences with them and encourage them that Ohio State and Humanities Scholars is the place to be. We were frequently asked "did you two know each other before you moved in?" and "was it weird to live with complete strangers in this small little room?" and I think the friendship that Aleta and I have was very good picture to paint for them. It really comforted some obviously nervous students. It was great! And I'm really glad I was given the chance to help out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also participated in Scholars Day, but with the presentations at Schoenbaum Hall. Students and their families got to listen to Ben's presentation all about being a Humanities Scholar! After his presentation, myself and several other Humanities Scholars answered questions posed by the parents or the students. Basically, we gave a basic understanding of what it means to be in Humanities, the kinds of activities we get to do, and some of the greatest parts about being a Scholar at Ohio State! I loved being a part of Scholars Day because it was a great feeling to know that I am helping to recruit future students to the program.
ReplyDelete